A) Dive Guide Course (Professional):
The SSI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of diving activities. Through exercise sessions and techniques seminars in the water (both in the pool and in the sea), and through practical assessment, you will develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of diving activities.
Topics and hands-on seminars include:
Being a Dive Professional Professional
Appearance and Equipment
Continuing Education Programs
The Diving Business and Your Career
Diving Environmental Awareness
Organizing and Leading Dives
Conducting Dive Briefings Diving Group
Characteristics of marine life
Guiding night, deep and
wreck dives Managing diving incidents
B) Science of Diving Course (Diving Theory)
It is a combination of self-study, working online with the Science of Diving program (which include physics, physiology, equipment, environment and decompression theory, plus interaction with our SSI Instructor, who will be able to clarify doubts and help in those topics that go looser
Our SSI Instructor will explain how the course works when we meet with you to schedule the knowledge review sessions along with the water skills exercises, seminars and practical assessments.
Good to know:
What attributions does an SSI Divemaster have:
– Act as a certified assistant for all SSI recreational diving courses.
– Attend during open water training dives, taking no more than two (2) students at a time during guided dives.
– Qualify as a Training Specialist for SSI Ecology Specialties programs.
– Enroll in an SSI Instructor Training Course.
The price: is per person
Participants: minimum 1 person
The price includes:
– Digital pedagogical material of the SSI Dive Guide course
– Digital pedagogical material of the Science of Diving course
– Theory sessions: Corrections, explanations and support from our SSI Instructor
– Practices in the pool with your Instructor *
– Dives in the sea with your Instructor *
* The number of sessions in the pool or sea are established by your Instructor depending on the needs, your own capacity and the conditions of the environment
The price does NOT include:
– Medical certificate of aptitude for diving (mandatory)
– Payment of qualification processing to SSI (€ 60) that the student will pay directly to SSI with a credit card
Available days: every day of the week
Duration: Flexible, with a minimum of 8 days, but it is much better to put additional days to this course, since in this way much more experience is gained. The course can be customized according to the free days you have
What should I bring: Your complete diving equipment (less tank and weights)
Mandatory: medical certificate and diving insurance
Minimum age: 18 years
Additional information: Dates must be reserved of the dives by phone or by email in advance
Come to the SSI Team !
Become a diving Professional
The SSI Divemaster course can be your first level of professional training. Working closely with an SSI Instructor, you will perfect your diving techniques, such as mastering motionless flotation effortlessly, and improve your rescue techniques so that you anticipate and easily solve the most common problems. You will increase your diving knowledge, your management and supervision skills so that you become a role model for divers around the world.
As an SSI Divemaster, you will guide other divers when supervising diving or snorkeling activities. Whether you want to work in a remote dive destination or close to home at a local dive business, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. SSI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are affiliated with the world’s most respected dive training organization – SSI.
Why to do your course with Xaloc
Personalised and Flexible organization
Do you want an intensive course in fewer days or do you prefer that we organize it for you throughout a diving season and make it more relaxed? – You decide
Many people decide to do the course on weekends, but there are many others who prefer to take as much time as possible and do it during a vacation – What you prefer
What we do promise you ‘are two things:
– Many experiences of the day a day of diving, and
– That you will be part of our teaching team
As a certified SSI Divemaster you will be able to:
Guide certified divers, coordinate dive boat logistics, help with equipment maintenance, conduct some programs such as snorkeling, advise divers on topics such as marine life, equipment selection or where! are the best dive sites!